Polyethylene is a variety of plastic that is commonly known as polythene in the daily life. However, very high standard engineering techniques have now introduced ultra high molecular weight plastic or polyethylene, which is an easily available variety of thermoplastic. Due to the increased molecular weight, this material is much stronger than any other form of plastic. Hence, it renders much better longevity to the products manufactured with this denser polymer, whose intermolecular bonds are much firmer. Moreover, it is completely non-toxic and odourless in nature. Low molecular plastics cannot be recycled, and they can easily mix with the soil and natural water and create some toxic elements in these natural bodies. To prevent these issues, you need to use the ultra-high molecular weight plastic for your daily uses, you must use at least 40-micron plastic.
Top 6 Beneficial Uses of Ultra High Molecular Weight Plastic in Industries
1. Bulk carrying containers – Huge containers are made with ultra high molecular weight plastic, due to its immense power of carrying heavy loads. So, these containers are much more capable of handling bulk amount of industrial materials. Even they have more loads bearing capacity than metal containers. These containers are lightweight, and they can be safely carried by the forklifts.
2. Protective armours – The huge strength of this form of plastic is ideal material for the production of suitable armours for the protection of human beings and the vehicles. The lightweight and the high intermolecular power of this material have made it the perfect choice for such protective armours.
3. Foods and beverage industries –As this form of plastic does not have any odour and taste of its own, it can be safely used for packing the edible products manufactured in the food processing industries. It is also applied for the creation of beverage machineries, like the tea and coffee makers due to the non-toxic nature. To make those machines more handy and affordable for common people, manufacturing companies use these high-grade plastic to develop their products.
4. Mining industry – Some of the huge mining equipment’s are manufactured with ultra high molecular weight plastic, because workers can easily handle these lightweight materials without ant damages and they can also feel comfortable to shift these plastic materials. Even you can also find some pallets and crates made with this ultra high molecular plastic and people can easily use these pallets for their cargo purpose. Hence, several mineral processing equipment’s are also preferably built with this form of plastic now. As this UHMWPE is perfectly inert to all types of electromagnetic radiation and heat, these tools are perfectly safe for the users in mining industry.
5. Construction industry – The bodies of the heavy machineries needed to be used in moving bulks of building materials in construction sites and these machineries are also made with this specially formed plastic or polyethylene. The civil engineers now find it more convenient to handle the tools made of this UHMWPE because of its lightweight, immense intermolecular strength and high resistance to UV rays.
6. Water pipes – The waterproof nature of this special form of plastic has made it the perfect material for constructing the water pipes. Ultra high molecular weight plastic enables the continuous passage of high loads of water through these pipes without causing any corrosion. Even you can also use this plastic to connect your water heater because they are complete heat resistant.
The waterproof fabrics are manufactured with this form of plastic fibers, due to its water-resistant ability. Its immense inner strength makes it a good choice for making suitcases and firm ropes that can be used in daily life. This plastic is also use for making parts of automobile industry, carrying bins and trays or pallets and cages.